Our History

Midwest Equipment was founded originally as Cates Brothers Texaco Service in January of 1951. The business flourished and evolved into diversified products and services; one of which was lawn and garden equipment.

1957 Cates Brothers Texaco Service was discontinued and Midwest Nursery and Equipment was formed. During this period, a bowling supply company was also part of the operation.

1962 the business was divided; with Bill Cates continuing with the nursery and bowling supplies business and Ben Cates continuing with the lawn and garden retail and wholesale business under the name of Midwest Equipment & Supply Co.

On August 24, 1970, Midwest Equipment & Supply Co. was incorporated and became even more involved in lawn and garden wholesale distribution serving Southern Indiana and a portion of Kentucky.

1974 the retail operation was sold to Meuth Equipment Company and Midwest Equipment & Supply Co., Inc. became totally dedicated to the wholesale distribution of outdoor power equipment as we know it today.

Our Company now serves Indiana, Kentucky, Central/Southern Illinois and Missouri for several major lines of outdoor power equipment and is considered nationally as one of the most successful operations in the Industry.